Monday, November 25, 2013

NOVEMBER 25, 2013

I'm Trying to be Like Jesus
Ok so this week it really hit me that I need to be be better. I mean i am always telling my investigators that as believers in christ we need to try to better ourselves everyday and strive to live in harmony with HIS teachings not only the ones that come easily. 

this week was a bit difficult as i learned to humble myself and strive to be teachable, patient, and longsuffing. yesterday we were talking to a recent convert in the ward after our plan A, B, C, and D fell through and hearing his conversion story and why it took him 6 monthes to finally be baptized (an eternity to missionaries especially because we can teach all the basics in 1 month and he had a testimony and knew that it was true).  it really helped me to gain more perspective that it really is the LORD´s work not mine, I need to just be willing to listen to what He wants me to do and say....not just randomly think what do I  think they need...but rather what does the Lord want me to say so that i can MEET their needs. I really put that to heart in a lesson with a   Hermana V and her daughter S. both of whom are less active. I really tried to pray for whoever was speaking at the time the entire time and i prayed for the heart of hermana v. that it would be softened and that the words would enter her heart and be what she needed to hear. and while i was in there, i no longer worried what i should say or how we had other people we wanted to see but instead i felt love for her and really discovered the true reason she was less active so that we can really help her.

afterwards, hermana meeks told me she could see the difference. i had the gift of tongues language was not a problem, and she also saw the difference in hermana v. 

christmas call- they will give me a calling card for sure...the question is if i will meet with one of the members to use their skype....so family, now is the time to practice using skype. i have permission to use skype if there are members available that have it...and i think there are...i will figure out more info for you guys. its 1 hour...im pretty sure and i think it is actually the 26th but i am not positive...i will find all that out asap!

(Konrie told us about several of her investigating families, but  sadly we have been told that there are people using blogs to contact the new converts and give them a hard time.  I think it is best that I don't post their names and situations) 

we sing before every lesson...its a great excuse for them to let us in their house to bring the spirit and to help them feel more comfortable in church when they attend and the songs are a little familiar.

it is so weird that you guys have had halloween and thanksgiving...holidays really dont exist in my mind right now...it is still august 2013 in my mind...at the same time i know that it is the end of november... but ya...im going to return and be really confused when its 2015 

i like my shoes (sas grandma shoes are the best) i am sick of my shirts and my skirts are all neutral colors....i can deal with it all, but for Christmas i would really like some new shirts that are fun and slightly nicer. and remember we are in the middle of summer here....it is extremely hot! and gross....

i love you all so much and i enjoyed writing this letter for you all. with lots of love and faith in your ability to touch lives and be gods hands


hermana konrie ming



(Konrie learned that one should never lock yourself out- ha)
(A sweet family that is in their branch)

No comments:

Post a Comment